Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Real Presence is REAL...

I was reading a report of a survey the other day that was taken by the New York Times of their readers who are Catholic ~ or at least they profess to be Catholic, but that remains to be seen... They had asked of those who practice the Faith if they believe in the Real Presence of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, and only a shocking 30% admitted that they believed it!!! I could NOT believe that!
If one professes to believe in the True Faith, yet has no faith, how can one profess it?
Pope Urban IV, in the 13th century, instituted the Feast of Corpus Christi after the miraculous happenings in the town of Bolsena, where the Precious Blood began to drip from a consecrated Host onto the corporal during Holy Mass at the Shrine of St. Christina. The Proper for the Corpus Christi Holy Mass was written by none other than the Angelic Doctor himself, St. Thomas Aquinas.
Eucharistic Miracles.
The Real Presence.
The above links will take anyone who cares to read or research more into this crucial subject to some
very interesting and enlightening reading. The teachings of the Saints, which are handed down to us from throughout history, also bear witness to the Truth that is the Eucharist. St. Peter Julian Eymund says, "The Holy Eucharist is the perfect expression of the love of Jesus Christ for man, since It is the quintessence of all the mysteries of His Life."
And also,
"We believe in the love of God for us. To believe in love is everything. It is not enough to believe in the Truth. We must believe in Love and Love is our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. That is the faith that makes our Lord loved. Ask for this pure and simple faith in the Eucharist. Men will teach you; but only Jesus will give you the grace to believe in Him. You have the Eucharist. What more do you want?"
Indeed, what more? In these two quotes we find the summation of Our Lord's very own example of the Perfect Love.
St. Gerard, that beloved Apostle of Life and Patron of pro-life causes, was in the habit of spending hours before Him in the Tabernacle...and even once told Him that He must be crazy to keep Himself, the Creator and Redeemer of all the world, so confined! He, Who could have anything, do anything, go anywhere...chooses to wait patiently for even one more sinner to repent and believe in His Love.
It is reported that, at this remark by St. Gerard, Jesus was heard to be laughing!
There are countless examples of Saints and even Angels adoring Him in the Eucharist...
Another more recent story comes from Fatima, when, in 1916, the Guardian Angel of Portugal (the Angel of Peace) appeared to the three children to prepare them for their upcoming visit from the Queen of Heaven Herself ~ and as the Chalice and Host were suspended in mid-air, he fell to his face in worship saying:
My God, I believe, I adore, I trust and I love Thee! I beg pardon for all those that do not believe, do not adore, do not trust and do not love Thee.
This is commonly referred to as The Pardon Prayer. He also taught them to say the following prayer, which is known as The Angel's Prayer:
O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most Precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of Thee the conversion of poor sinners.
This last one was taught to them by Our Lady; it is called The Eucharistic Prayer:
Most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament.
So, here we have it...Heaven itself come down to us in the very last century, with the words spoken by no less than Angels and the Blessed Virgin!
There were several other prayers that came out of the Visions of Fatima, but these three are especially pertinent to this post. I do not make this up...this is what I understood when I first joined the Blue Army (WAF) and began to read in earnest all about the requests that Our Lady had made.
The entire story, indeed, the entire Gospel, centers on the Eucharist. Why would anyone doubt it? Why do these so-called Catholics say they do not believe, and yet they dare to profess to belong to the True Church?!?
How can anyone say one thing, do another, complete opposites in more than one way, and then have absolutely no second thought?
These are some of those about whom the Angel was speaking when he first gave us that prayer..."the conversion of poor sinners"...
Jesus told us Himself at the Last Supper:
The Institution of the Eucharist.
It never ceases to amaze me how many who call themselves Christians do not truly believe His words! He is the Center of their religions, and yet, His words do not ring true with them! Why is that?
I know so many non-Catholic Christians who question the Sacraments, instituted by Christ Himself ~ Holy Orders, Confession, Communion. And then they will turn around and tell me that He is their personal Savior! What I don't understand is, if they can't believe a word that comes out of His mouth, how can they hope to be saved?!? Why do they want to follow a Man/God Who can't be trusted (so they say) to speak the Truth?!?
He gave His power to St. Peter to hand down through the Popes...and the Popes have all told us that He is really and truly present in the Blessed Eucharist. The so-called Catholics, and other Christians, will say that the Popes do not know what they are talking about, and yet, they teach infallibly on this point!
What are we supposed to take from this? I say they are all cowards. I say they are actually afraid to believe because if they did, it would involve some kind of commitment on their part to following EVERYTHING else the Church teaches ~ no birth control, say the Rosary often and frequent reception of the Sacraments ~ ESPECIALLY THE HOLY EUCHARIST!!!
It all comes down to what we really believe...I, for one, will go to my grave believing the very words of Christ Himself:
So Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink His Blood, you have no life in you. Those who eat My Flesh and drink My Blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; for My Flesh is true food and My Blood is true drink. Those who eat My Flesh and drink My Blood abide in Me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats Me will live because of Me. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, not like that which your ancestors ate, and they died. But the one who eats this bread will live forever." ~ John 6:53-58.
I say that it's ok to believe what He says, and I will not be dissuaded from this conclusion. Those who say otherwise, let them prove it. I have the Gospel on my side...let's see what they can come up with, eh?

No comments: