Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Another One, Eh? ;)...

Jean @ Catholic Fire has nominated me for another meme, this one listing six things that make me happy; I am to list them, then pass the "meme torch" to six others who, I'm sure, will have no problem coming up with at least six favorite things of their own. ;)
(Oh, Jean, if you only knew...there are too many things I could name that go way over this limit, but I'll try to keep it short, lol.)
1) First and most important, I love being a Roman Catholic ~ no, not just love, I LOVE being a Roman Catholic! Everything about it from the traditions, the ceremony, the prayers, and most important of all, the Holy Mass, visiting the Blessed Eucharist and going to Confession, and the Most Holy Rosary. Oh yeah...and being consecrated to my Guardian Angel...he has been magnificent to me throughout my entire life.
2) Second, and right up there with the first on a more personal level, my other half, my soulmate, my husband of 31 years and counting, Michael. Dearest Michael ~ his sense of humor, his work ethic, his love for me and our children, his ability to make me laugh when everything else points in the wrong direction...he truly is the better side of me.
3) My children ~ all ten of them. :) ...and for too many reasons to list here...
4) My Art. I can't imagine what my life would have been if I had not been given this tremendous love for the Arts with which God has blessed me ~ I don't profess to be the world's greatest Artist ~ not by a long shot ~ but it's certainly been fun trying, lol.
5) Nature. Yes, believe it or not ~ and I know this is a weird one ~ I love Mother Nature, all of her magnificence and beauty. The weather changes (Michigan, lol ~ need I say more?), the animal kingdom (so much fun conversing with the birds in our neighborhood, the various and sundry wildlife that visits our yard) and all the rest of it! Ever since I first read St. Alphonsus de Ligouri, I understand so much more now about God's will for His creation.
6) My general outlook on life. Now, I don't mean this to sound conceited or "puffed up" by any means ~ don't misunderstand me ~ it's just that I have known too many people in my lifetime who are always grumpy, cynical, depressed, etc., and I have thanked God every day for allowing me the good grace to take after my late Dad in his general demeanor. He was always positive, optimistic and calm about nearly everything...and I have been lucky enough to be "my father's daughter" for these many years. I just don't know how else to be ~ and I love that I can still, even at my advanced age, see the world through rose-colored glasses! :)
Now, it's your turn, and the six women I choose to take it from here are:
Jen
Andrea
I'm guessing by her latest post that Andrea will list Advent? lol...)
Cassie
Crystal
Heather
Krystin
Have fun, Ladies, and take it away!!!

9 comments:

CJ Sweet said...

Thanks, Jenn, for tagging me! Gives me something to write about. :-) God bless!

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

thanks for the tag! =)

i will make my days better.

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

Cassie ~ How is that adorable new little one? xo I hope she *and the others, of course, lol* give you a bit of time to sit and do that writing!
Andrea ~ I read your comment and I had this immediate picture in my mind of you standing there, fist raised up in the air, determined look on your face, promising yourself that "I WILL make my days better!" atta girl! ;) Seriously, I do hope all is well ~ I remember those days when everything was constantly crashing down around me...and then I had the kids. ;)
Merry Christmas to both of you!!!

Unknown said...

I repeat what Cassie wrote! :)

xox

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenn. It took me a little to get to it but I'm getting right on it now!

Marie said...

I loved your answers and your general outlook on life...We all choose our attitudes and I cannot understand why anyone would choose to be permanently miserable.

Wonderful answers Thanks Jenn:)

Peace, joy & love to you:)

Marie xooxoxoxo

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

Heather & Crystal ~ I'm happy to give you more work to do, lol...
Marie ~ Thank-you very much! I never understood that, either. Life is so much more fun this way!
All the best to you, too! :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful list!
I admire your positive outlook on life. That is something I struggle with.

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

Sharon ~
Thank-you!
Now it's your turn...put on your happiest thought, girl ~ that's an order!
Life is too short! ;)